9. Document Change History
The 2MASS Second Incremental Data Release Explanatory Supplement is
a living document. It will updated regularly to
provide users with the most current analyses and advice regarding
2MASS Data Products. The most up-to-date version of the Supplement
is always accessible as a hypertext document at
This page documents by date changes to the Supplement since the initial
publication on March 2, 2000.
- 2000 March 2 - Explanatory Supplement Initial Publication Date.
- 2000 March 4
- substituted revised Sec V.1.
- substituted revised Sec V.3.
- revised link to Figure 2 in Sec IV.7 to more appropriately
show the figure's "animation."
- corrected typos in Sec V.2, V.3, V.4, V.5.
- 2000 March 6
- substituted revised IV.9.
- removed original Figure 7 and 8 from Sec II.3; renumbered subsequent
- fixed dead link to e_score and g_score definition in
- 2000 May 18
- Added information and links for ftp access to Catalogs and Tables.
- 2000 June 21
- Updated Sec I.6b.
- Updated and divided up Sec IV.4.
- 2000 July 20
- Added paragraph on "extrapolated magnitude" to Sec IV.5.
- 2000 July 20-September 13
- Modified and adapted the various disparate pages from 2MASS Science Team
members into a relatively "uniform" Section VI.
- 2000 September 13
- Added "PSC and XSC Anomaly File" (Section II.6h).
- Modified and adapted "Optical Response Calibration Data" (Section III.1b1).
- 2000 September 15
- Recovered after main 2MASS server disk crash; some files affected, hopefully
- 2001 April 3
- Installed revised versions of Sections I.3, I.4, I.6d, II.4, and IV.3, to
reflect availability of full-resolution non-compressed Atlas Images via the
IRSA/2MASS Image Retrieval Service. (Section I.4 further revised on April 10.)
- Replaced reference to soon-to-be-retired "CatSCAN" with new IRSA tool,
- 2001 April 24
- Installed new Section VI.3 and shifted the numbering for the subsequent
- 2001 September 28
- Updated "Carpenter (2001)" reference in Section VI.X. Included note
that 2MASS Point Source Catalog entries with Tycho astrometric catalog
associations include B and V magnitudes, rather than B and R magnitudes,
which is the case for the USNO-A catalog associations, in Sections I.2, I.6b,
and IV.4g. Also, updated URLs for ACT and UCAC webpages.
- 2002 March 12-29
- Edited all pages to reflect uniform format for the Explanatory Supplement.
Previous page. Next page.
Return to Explanatory Supplement TOC Page.