9. Document Change History
The 2MASS All-Sky Data Release and Extended Mission Product
Explanatory Supplement is
a living document. It will updated regularly to
provide users with the most current analyses and advice regarding
2MASS Data Products. The most up-to-date version of the Supplement
is always accessible as a hypertext document at
This page documents by date changes to the Supplement since the initial
publication on March 25, 2003.
- 2003 March 25 - Explanatory Supplement Initial Publication Date.
- 2003 Apr 2
- Modified section II.2b to standardized format; the thrust of
the text in this subsection is unchanged.
- 2003 Apr 8
- Modified section III.1a to standardized format; the thrust of
the text in this subsection is unchanged.
- "Ported over" section VI.1 from M. Skrutskie's site to the local
site of the Supplement and modified to standardized format.
- 2003 Apr 14
- Inserted section II.6, key to the ancillary files.
- Added Scan Information Table, linked to section II.6.
- 2003 Apr 17
- Added section II.6h, updates to the All-Sky DVD-ROM release.
- 2003 May 2
- Brought over and adapted subsections of VI.1 to local server.
- 2003 May 5
- Revised values in Table 1 of section VI.4a.
- Transferred and adapted section VI.4b to local server.
- Transferred and adapted subsections of VI.5 to local server.
- Transferred and adapted section VI.6b to local server.
- Transferred and adapted section VI.7 to local server.
- 2003 May 19
- Inserted text describing unreliable optical associations for point
sources with |dec|>86° in sections I.6b, II.2a, and IV.4f.
- 2003 Jul 1
- Included caveat in sections I.6b, II.2a, and IV.4f for incorrect
"a" values for optical
associations with dist_opt > 5´´ in the PSC.
- 2003 Oct 3
- Modified all references to an anticipated date in 2003 for the online
release of the non-lossy-compressed All-Sky Atlas Images to an unspecified,
- 2004 Jun 7
- Revised version of Tables 2 and 2a for Section III.2.c. Also, a
revised version of Table 3 and the installation of Table 3a for this section.
- 2004 Jul 1
- Revised order of column headings for Table 2 in Section VI.2 from
"Band," "Mean," "Min," "Max," "Std.Dev." to
"Band," "Min," "Max," "Mean," "Std.Dev."
- 2004 Aug 20
- Corrected the values for the physical and effective gaps in the Survey
sky coverage in Section III.2.c.
- Amended the descriptions of the XSC parameters, j_phi, h_phi,
k_phi, and sup_phi in Section II.3.a.
- 2004 Sep 7
- Updated Sections I.3, I.6d, and II.4 to reflect availability of the
All-Sky Atlas Images via the IRSA services.
- 2004 Sep 21
- Added Section VI.6c on band-frame distortion.
- 2004 Dec 16
- Minor corrections to descriptions of the XSC parameters r_k20fe,
r_fe, r_k20fc, r_fc, r_j21fe, r_j21fc
in Section II.3.a.
- 2004 Dec 21
- Updates to Large Galaxy Atlas links in Section I.6.c.
- 2004 Dec 29
- Added reference to mch_cnf parameter to Known Asteroid and Comet
association procedure discussion in Section IV.9.a.
- 2005 June 7
- Update links to PLEXUS software in Sections III.1.b1 and VI.6.a
- 2005 October 12
- Added table of Calibration Fields and field center positions to
- Miscellaneous typographical errors corrected in Sections IV.8 and VI.2.
- 2005 December 5
- Section IV.2.e added describing non-linearity/saturation characterization
and handling in data reduction pipeline.
- Miscellaneous wording changes and typographical errors corrected
in Sections IV.2.a-d.
- 2006 May 4
- Added section VI.8.a describing error estimation from photometric
measurements made using 2MASS Atlas Images.
- Added caution about photometric error estimation and link
to section VI.8.a in Atlas Image Cautionary Notes section I.6.d.
- 2006 October 10
- Updated section IV.3 to indicate correct blank coverage pixel value
in the Atlas Images (NaN).
- 2006 November 21
- Corrected "units" of the [jhk]_snr column descriptions
in section II.2.a to indicate that these parameters are dimensionless.
- 2006 December 18
- Miscellaneous typographical corrections and link updates to Section II.2.a.
- Made link to 2MASS optical component and full system transmission description
page more prominent in Section III.1.b.
- 2006 December 20
- Extended Mission Ancillary Product description initial publication in
- 2007 January 12
- Updated discussion of chance association between background inertial
sources and solar system objects in section IV.9.b.
- 2007 December 28
- Updated links to external report on residual diffraction spike detection
artifacts in the All-Sky PSC in sections I.6.b and IV.7.b.
- 2008 March 12
- Updates to multiple sections in support of Extended Mission LMC/SMC
6x and Calibration field data release:
A1.1, A1.2, A1.4.b, A1.4.c, A3.1, A3.1.d,
A3.2, A4.1, A4.1.c, A4.2, A4.3.a, A4.3.b, A4.4, A6.1, A7.1, A7.4, A7.5.
- Added discussion of duplicate sources in the 6x-PSC caused by
confusion in multiple source resolution process to sections A3.1.d,
- 2008 September 3
- Added 2MASS Hardware and Operations Significant Events Log as Table
4 in section III.1.b.
- 2008 September 7
- Added section VI.9 describing photometric bias in southern J-band
photometry for sources that fall on the central detector column.
- 2008 December 28
- Updated description of RSR curves in VI.4.a to be consistent with that
given by Cohen et al. (2003).
Previous page. Next page.
Return to Explanatory Supplement TOC Page.