IPAC organizes and hosts a number of meetings and conferences.
IPAC hosts seminars every Wednesday from 12-1pm in IPAC's Large Conference Room (102) except where noted. Directions can be found on the visitor information page. Pizza and soda are available for purchase at a modest fee. Some weeks, the Time Domain Forum talk (which is not a lunch talk) is held on Thursday afternoons at 2:30 pm.
To receive seminar notification emails, you may sign up here. If you are interested in presenting a talk or seminar, please contact Peter Capak (Extragalactic), or Stephen Kane (Galactic/Solar System/Exoplanets). To present at the Time Domain Forum, contact Luisa Rebull.
Here is a partial list of astronomy-related talks in Pasadena:
- Caltech Astronomy Tea Talk (Mondays, 4pm)
- Caltech DPS Division Seminar (Mondays, 4pm)
- IR/sub-mm/mm Sack lunch series (Tuesdays, 12:15pm)
- Carnegie Colloquia series (Tuesdays, 4pm)
- Caltech Astronomy Colloquia (Wednesdays, 4pm)
- Caltech Physics Research Conference (Thursdays, 4pm)
- Carnegie Lunch Talk Series (Fridays, 12:15pm)
Special Note: For more astronomy related talks around Pasadena, check the following list maintained by IPAC scientist Solange Ramirez.
Monday, October 22, 2012
Tanio will present the paper below at next week's astro-coffee, which will take place at 3:30pm on Monday in the small conference room on the fourth floor. After next week, we will switch to alternating Thursdays at 2:30pm. We will be coordinating with the Time Domain Forum, so that you will have the opportunity to attend both events.