IPAC organizes and hosts a number of meetings and conferences.
IPAC hosts seminars every Wednesday from 12-1pm in IPAC's Large Conference Room (102) except where noted. Directions can be found on the visitor information page. Pizza and soda are available for purchase at a modest fee. Some weeks, the Time Domain Forum talk (which is not a lunch talk) is held on Thursday afternoons at 2:30 pm.
To receive seminar notification emails, you may sign up here. If you are interested in presenting a talk or seminar, please contact Peter Capak (Extragalactic), or Peter Plavchan (Galactic/Solar System/Exoplanets). To present at the Time Domain Forum, contact Luisa Rebull.
Here is a partial list of astronomy-related talks in Pasadena:
- Caltech Astronomy Tea Talk (Mondays, 4pm)
- Caltech DPS Division Seminar (Mondays, 4pm)
- IR/sub-mm/mm Sack lunch series (Tuesdays, 12:15pm)
- Carnegie Colloquia series (Tuesdays, 4pm)
- Caltech Astronomy Colloquia (Wednesdays, 4pm)
- Caltech Physics Research Conference (Thursdays, 4pm)
- Carnegie Lunch Talk Series (Fridays, 12:15pm)
Special Note: For more astronomy related talks around Pasadena, check the following list maintained by IPAC scientist Solange Ramirez.
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
The summer school program runs from 25-27th, and is aimed for graduate students and new users. The detailed program is listed on the website. The two days from 28-29 of that week will be on a small science workshop, primarily focusing on stellar and solar science. This science program is currently being planned, and will be available soon.